Choice of Linux,IT technology magazines

Hi,

I just got one "Linux Magazine January 2013" from LPI cert completition like bonus. First of all I would say that first page title "Living With windows 8" for linux magazine looks epic. (http://goo.gl/uWNQ3\) And also content on magazine is more advertise pages and not a rich with good information itself.

What kind if IT magazines are you reading? Please make some suggestions of magazines about IT, linux or just share your experience of those.

I used to read a lot of technical magazines in my younger years, but to be honest, the fascination has worn off. I was a subscriber of "Dr Dobbs Journal" back in the beginning of the nineties, but it evolved from a highly-technical programmers journal to a Windows script-kiddie magazine. I could not care less about methods to write Excel macros more efficiently, let alone the fact that i don't consider this to be programming.

Today i am more interested in the "cultural" side of computing. I have, for instance, re-read Weizenbaums Computer Power and Human Reason. From Judgement to Calculation. a few days ago and i think it did more for my advancement than any article about the newest backup software could.

bakunin

I used to read Linux Journal (Linux Journal | The Original Magazine of the Linux Community) and Linux Magazine(Startpage - Linux Magazine Online). The excitement wore off. Advertisements are a must. So you will just have to bear with them.