Changed disk controller -> drops into GRUB?!

I changed disk controller. Unplugged every disk, inserted another controller card, an IBM M1015. The disks are recognized in BIOS, and the controller card's BIOS shows up. But after that, I drop into GRUB and a prompt. That is all.

How shall I solve this problem? I am thinking of booting from Solaris 11 Express USB (have no CD reader) and do an import and export. Other than, I am lost. What should I do? Help?

---------- Post updated at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:32 AM ----------

It seems this is a well known problem with Gigabyte motherboards and IBM M1015. No solution. Just change mobo. :frowning:

The grub online docs will pave the way. If you got into grub, it's a good thing. You just have to ask grub to find the kernels that are installed and it will find them. Reply if you are still stumped after some research and trial-error

It may be a boot-order problem, with disks appearing in a different order than grub used to see. It finds the boot sector on the right drive, which gets you into grub, but can't find the kernels or config file after that, being on a partition somewhere in a now-different place. Is that adjustable in the bios?