Change the ID of a SVC Node

Hi Folks,

I'm currently in a position where I am building the seed equipment for a Data Centre Migration, I'm familiar with some of the equipment - all of which I've listed below.

SAN Storage - EMC VNX5800
SAN Switches - Brocade DCX 8510-4
SAN Management - IBM SVC 2145-DH8 four node cluster
AIX Tin - IBM S824 * 3
AIX Tin Management - HMC
Oracle Tin - T5-2, T5240 and v890

All the storage connectivity is 16Gb Fibre and all the network connectivity is 10Gb Copper and Fibre mix - except the management Vlan which is 1Gb Copper.

Most of the equipment I have helped setup or setup myself (I'm mainly a Solaris/Storage person), a colleague has setup the rest of the tin - with the exception of the SVC which was setup by IBM.

To a some extent this replicates the current estate, this has all been done in preparation for a migration event.

However at the last minute I have found a discrepancy in the SVC build, this isn't a major problem. The problem is just the numbering of the nodes, discovered during testing as follows.

The original SVC cluster has nodes identified as 1,2,3 and 4, the new cluster has nodes identified as 1,2,5 and 6. The question is, is there a simple way if re-numbering nodes 5 and six to be nodes 3 and 4 respectively, or do I have to destroy the cluster and rebuild.

The SVC nodes are running 7.6.0.1

Regards

Gull04

It would probably help if you told us where you see:

If it's on the AIX hosts, where, what commands show that?
If it's on the SVC you probably want to ask the question on an SVC forum...

You don't need to destroy the cluster. First you need to remove node 5 from cluster and re-add it. Eventually it will get the id 3. Same procedure for node 6 and it will get the id 4.

---------- Post updated at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:33 PM ----------

Please make sure that you don't have any degraded hosts in your cluster, which means all hosts are connected to each node in the cluster.