CDE Login on console won't use keyboard

Hi all,

I'm installing a HP r2660 machine with HP-UX 11.23 (this version fixed by customer's product) and I've troubles using the VGA console as workstation display.

At first it worked just as TEXT console, then I fixed /etc/dt/config/Xservers and now I've the CDE prompt for login.

Mouse is functional but keyboard is not working, please note that:

1.if I press keys, nothing happens.
2.If I then switch to text console from the option drop down menu, then I see all the keystroke I pressed at previous point.

Remote desktop access using chooser on different systems is perfectly working.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I was unable to find any solution nowhere.

Thx in advance to you all guru.

L.

To my knowledge, HP 9000 servers have no graphics by default..., and so console would be on serial port or lan...
Is this a RP or a RX box?

Hi,

it's a rx2660 itanium server: I configured console on VGA by the boot menu.
As stated before, the CDE starts quite fine but the keyboard.

I don't know where to look.

I've reinstalled for other reasons a couple of times, and this is a systematic behavior.

Thx in advance.

MdP

Please check with dr_dt command.
And also you can do troubleshooting with the linke below.
CDE login screen not showing

Cheers,

Hi Jos,

I already performed the tasks you suggested, thx.

As stated before, the CDE system is working.

If I access fro remote, I see the CDE login and I can access the system flawlessy.

However, if I try to login on CDE from the console, the keyboard is not functional and it seems still tied to the text console instead (on the same VGA device, I see it if from the CDE option menu I select the text console login).

I'm a bit puzzled 'cause I can't figure out how to force the txt console to free the keyboard for the graphical front end.

thx and cheers,

M

I think you rather need to find/change the X-server configuration.
It will switch the (common) kbd driver to raw mode.
The X-server should have an error log (or adds to /var/adm/syslog/).
Sorry, I don't know HP-UX graphics in practice.

man X

Last but not least, your graphics cards might have a separate keyboard connector...