Casual Question regarding ssh

I have openssh installed on the Unix machines.

I have also set the syslog level to auth.debug so that the all the ssh entries are logged.

I have this vague message which in no way affects my ssh session but still i am curious
Whenever i log in it gives this error

pam_secretd: error Authentication failed ... auth.debug

Wonder wat this error means.
At first i thgt it was because i turned off the PAM keyboard interactive to no .. because of the possible exploit given on the openssh.org site.

But enabling it dosent help either.

I wonder wat that is ? anyone .... :slight_smile:

It couldn't hurt to try google.com. Try and post back.

I wouldnt have cared to post here if i had found it on google ..

But thanx anyway .. will keep u updated ..

DP

I never found anything with a search except the following:openssh and PAM - I know my servers get the same error and I believe it's just PAM - not ssh.

Another note - error is on servers running Solaris 2.6 but not Solaris 8 (2.6 servers - the ssh was compiled by associate - 8 came with ssh).

Please understand, Some postings can be very OS specific and somewhat rare problems that they may go unanswered here.

I only offered that as a resource because many posters don't know that google is such a great search engine.

Also, part of being a good SA is sometimes, saying "I don't know" and deferring to a resource that may contain the answer, even if that is google.com or some Manual that has been on your shelf for a few years.

IMHO :slight_smile: :wink:

:slight_smile:
I did not mean to offend u in any way .

Just a light banter . Hope u dont mind