Can't unlock encrypted disk

I use Debian default encryption disk encryption. Only /boot it's not encrypted. When I boot I need to type my password, and then I will be logged in. But now I can't login. It always says that I typed the wrong password, but I typed the correct password.

I tried to boot in live-CD and try unlock volume from there. But It always says wrong password.
Before that I had an achieve that had a 90GB file in it and I tried to underachieve it, but it gave me error not enough space. I get notification that I'm out of space 600mb left, but when type df -h I saw I have same amount of space as before I start to unarchieving file. Looks like file was autodeleted by Debian system.
I have no BADs on disk. Sometimes I have some issues with RAM module and I my PC stucks but I always can unlock the disk. In that case I need to clean RAM module and PC is not stucking anymore. I tried remove RAM modules and boot with only one of them, but still can't unlock disk. I have 2 HDDs with Debian and only one of them is not unlocking. Other one is working fine. I will try to connect that HDD to another PC and try to unlock and then type here if it succeed

When I try to boot like this

I get this

When I boot like this

I get

Sorry to ask such a basic question, but the first thing that comes to mind is caps lock on your keyboard.

Are you sure (sorry, I guess you are, just asking for completeness) that your cap are not locked on your keyboard :slight_smile:

(happens to me all the time ... )

1 Like

Yes, it happens to me too. But now this is not because of capslocks :frowning:

This reminds me of silly situations I found myself from time to time... when a server goes wrong and at reboot, needs manual instruction to continue to boot, only when it happens it looses its keyboard configuration and uses US qwerty layout when we have Swiss-French keyboards QWERTZ... nightmare when looking for ! | { \/ etc... I since hide a en-US keyboard under a rack...

1 Like