Can't remove "noad VarianceTV" malware from Windows 10

Hello all,

It has been months now, I noticed my Windows 10 notebook pc is infected with an adware and I can't seem to remove it (See attachment). I googled it, couldn't find much, but found this link and followed the instructions, ran the executable program listed on the link and rebooted the system but problem persists. Anyone have any experience with this? How do I remove this malware/virus from my laptop? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Download from this site only:
Malwarebytes | Free Cyber Security & Anti-Malware Software select the free version.

It may take a while to setup, update and scan, but don't be surpised if it finds a lot of malware.

After you clean the laptop, definitely consider installing any good antimalware package.
Keep it up, running, and current.

1 Like

As everyone in this community is well aware, I'm not a Windows fan, but we all seem to use Windows for something.

You mention that your system has been infected for months which is a pity because my first course of action would be to restore a system to a previous time "restore point". I always find that is the quickest way to get rid.

However, these would be my initial lines of attack. No guarantees given.

1. Restore the system to a previous point in time - "restore point".
  2. Download Malwarebytes free edition, update and run full scan. (Totally agree with Jim post#2 on that. Great product.)
  3. Download SuperAntiSpyware free edition, update and run full scan. I find Malwarebytes and this product can be run concurrently. Another great product.
  4. If all that fails, or your system has trouble booting, then resort to a Linux based product that allows you to scan and bomb viruses without having to boot Windows. Download BitDefender free edition DVD image on a different system and burn it to DVD. Then boot the infected system with it. It should then find and use your network interface to go to the web and fully update itself. Then do a full scan. BitDefender is just superb. Well it would be, wouldn't it, being Linux based.

I never thought that I'd actually contribute to a Windows thread on this forum!! Ah well, I suppose there's a first time for everything.

1 Like

thank you for both of you. finally got rid of that thing. problem resolved.

in the meantime, decided to switch to linux.. in the process of migrating..

hicksd8,

I noticed that long time ago, but initially didn't think it was malware.. thought maybe a process for the chrome plugins. then, when I noitced it, tried to remove it my own ways, for I had to deal with such malware before and it wasn't difficult to remove them.

again, thank you.