Can't post new thread

Hi, I've tried 3 times to post a new thread and for whatever reason it's not happening, hope you can help

Thanks

apart from this one obviously! :stuck_out_tongue:

I'm tryig to post on the AIX forum

Done. Your post had external URL's and so it had to be validated by the moderators before it could appear in the forums.

many thanks

Does any one for god sake know how to post a tread. I am a registered user and i want to do this in UNix forum and from past 1 hour i am trying to figure out how to do this.

bsandeep,
In the site navigation pane, click 'The unix forums' then click the the forum that you wish your thread to be in, then click 'new thread'.
There is no 'new thread' button on vino's home page

Well this was not a good way to start, if you want to use this forum you must be polite.

Go to the forums of your choice, and click on the big blue button at the top left of the forum the says: "New Thread".

Thanks Jgt....

Hey Borg...wanted to let you know that i have already posted two threads but each time i spent time on seacrhing for the new thread.

Don't mind but it was very frustrating. I applogise if this hurt anyone.

Hmmm trying to post a new thread, but receiving a "Message too short... " error when submitting. I can reply just fine, just can't post. The message should be long enough.

So far I've tried to post in the "Unix for Dummies..." and the "Contact admins" forums but no luck. Thanks for the assistance!

That is indicating that your post is not long enough.

There is a lower limit to post length. I believe it is about 10 characters.

The post was well over 10 characters long. It was a few paragraphs worth.

Hello and Welcome to The UNIX and Linux Forums!

Please read the our FAQ on how to post new threads in the forums. New users cannot posts links.

As a registered user you can go to any forum where you have permission to post and create new threads, view threads and leave replies. You should always search the forums before posting a new thread (Google Site Search).

To create a new thread, click on a forum you would like to post in, for example, UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers, and then click on the new thread icon

To reply you have a few options. You can click on the 'Post Reply' button and add a new post to the end of the thread. Alternatively, you can leave a quick reply in a quick editor box listed below the posts in the thread.

If you have further questions on forum operations, do not send email or private messages (PMs) to us. You are required to post these questions here:

Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Enjoy, Learn and Teach!

The UNIX and Linux Forums