Cannot Switch from GUI to Text Screens

A client's SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7 MP 4 system: The X-Windows GUI comes up fine (on multi-screen 2) but I cannot switch to tty01 or tty03 or any other tty. The display just shows a blinking cursor. I went into scoadmin video and checked that the function keys were all assigned--they are. I've never had this problem before; I tried another monitor, video card, and video cable--same issue. To my knowledge, no one at the client's company has altered the SCO software (like monitor settings) in any manner. SCO finds the correct video card (nvidia). Next time I'm at the client's site, I will try the old "/etc/clean_screen -g" command to see if that works--but I shouldn't have to do this. Any suggestions?

Are you saying that the X-Window session runs correctly, but you can't switch from it to any character session.
Is telnet running?
Bring the system up in single user mode, disable scologin "#/etc/scologin disable" and then exit to continue booting to multi user mode.

If you are still working with this, try "enable tty01" as root, it seems like someone turned off the character based console logins.

i think, you did not enter the license key.

No, the license key is OK. I think it's a video/display issue. I've used /etc/scologin disable to eliminate X-Windows and allow the multi-console screens to work. The client will probably upgrade to a new computer shortly.

I think the probem is that your system does not see the mouse, this happened with me when I used a wireless mouse , try to use an old PS2 mouse and let me know the result.

thanks!