Cannot boot as usuall , turn to black screen & ask for loging in ???? Help me????

Hey guys.....

Im new user for linux fedora 20.... i really need help ....... i have no idea why suddently when i turn on my laptop fedora turn to be black screen and ask me loging in , when i loging then nothing happen , it stay at the same screen... then i try to go to "with linux secure...," fedora ask me for the root passwd and also there 's some guide on the top which , journalctl -xb ,systemctl default , etc.........yes i did.... then nothing happen... so i really really need your help me for this ,FYI i dont windows ..so what should i do... i need step by step...coz im new with codes etc!......

Tq so muchhh

A black screen when Fedora 20 boots is not so unusual.

Perhaps the GUI cannot understand your graphics card.

Perhaps there's not enough free memory for the GUI. How much RAM is in the machine.

Don't try to login until the GUI starts otherwise you will interrupt the GUI starting.

Has the system had any updates since you installed it?

If you press <ctrl>-<alt>-<F2> does it give you a text terminal?

Yess when i try ctrl+alt+f2 it ask me to loging but not as root... but still b
Black screen ....

---------- Post updated at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:01 PM ----------

I hv no idea how to fix it, i used sdd 16gb

Logging into those prompts puts you into a terminal. Use the terminal to check your log files, see if anything had a problem starting.

You could also 'sudo /sbin/reboot' and see if it will reboot into a GUI for you.

How can i do tht.... any command ?? Or anything???? Sorry i really new for linux .... :smiley:

Try less /var/log/Xorg.0.log and look for lines beginning with (EE), if that's not what the file's called, cd /var/log ; ls to list files and figure out what file it is.

It showed permission denied

---------- Post updated at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:50 PM ----------

Wait i got bundel of list

What shows permission denied? What did you do?

Welll i didnt see any cd / var /log :Is

---------- Post updated at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:57 PM ----------

I typed less /var/Xorg.0..log
Then i showed me
List ....if start with (EE) just found it , it turn (WW) warning , (EE ) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) Unknown

You don't "see" cd /var/log, you "type" cd /var/log. Then hit the return key. Then you type ls. Then you hit the return key.

Use the up and down arrows to view the rest of the file.

Use 'q' to quit.

Ok done

Did you find any more lines with (EE) in them?