Cannot access internet

Hi Friends,:b:

This is venkatesh, i have Intel Dual core PC and installed Solaris 10. I have a problem that i cannot access internet in my PC i don't know either the drivers installed or not. I manually assign ip 192.168.1.7 and if i ping to this it is alive and if i ping for 192.168.1.1 for the gateway i cannot ping. how to know what is the problem is problem with the drivers or somethng else.
This is how i assign the ipadress
$ifconfig lo0 192.168.1.7 netmask 255.255.255.0 up

pls, let me know if it is wrong.

Regards,
venky.:slight_smile:

lo0 is the loopback interface for the localhost (127.0.0.1). look with dladm "show-dev" for your physical interface. if no interface is shown with the above command you need a solaris driver for your nic...

post the results of ifconfig -a

if the physical interface is not configured nothing is shown with ifconfig -a... i got a pm from the op... he has a pcn0 interface!

Isn't that the default for VMware? I remember people having losts of problems with the pcn driver in VMware and choosing a different interface emulation with AE and e1000g were the most frequent. If this is a vmware setup you should probably consider changing the virtual machine in the same way, the VMWare pcn / Solaris combo doesn't ( or at least didn't) work too well.