Can someone help me create this script(I'm a novice)

I've literally been handed this assessment for my course and the lecturer is of no help at all he's taught us virtually nothing would anyone be able to show me how the following script should look on Linux -

For this assignment you have to write a Linux Shell Script which will allow a user to carry out a selective backup of his/her files.

First of all you need to set up a directory in your user area called Outcome3.(I've already done this part)
Inside directory Outcome 3 use touch to create the following files:

afile, anyfile, anotherfile, afiletest, bfile, bfiletest, cfile, cfiletest (I've done this part also)

Your script will give the user a menu of options in order to assist with the back up. The choices given to the user are Backup all files or Backup selected files.

If user chooses to backup all file then the files should be backed up to a new subdirectory called AllBackUp which should be created within your script.

If user chooses to back up selected files then they must input files to be backed up in a specific format e.g all files starting with the letter "a" or all files ending with "test". These files should then be backed up to a new sub directory called SelectBackUp which should be created with your script (This is the part I'm struggling with writing the script as he has shown us nothing about script writing only advice he gave was go watch YouTube)
If anyone could help I would be greatly appreciative

Thanks
Andy

Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

More-than-likely, posting homework in the main forums has resulting in a forum infraction. If you did not post homework, please explain the company you work for and the nature of the problem you are working on.

If you did post homework in the main forums, please review the guidelines for posting homework and repost.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.