Can I Install the Gani Network Driver Using the Application that Came on the CD?

When I boot up the Solaris 10 5/09 install CD and select 'Solaris' from the GRUB menu that comes up, a menu loads. Option 5 is 'Apply Driver Updates'. Can I install the Gani driver using that? I tried using the tar file (the way it came) that I wrote to a floppy but when I asked it to look at the floppy drive it said no drivers were found. I know that my floppy drive works because I was able to boot Solaris and copy the tar file from the CD and extract it. If it is possible to use this function to install the driver, what format does it need to be in? Does the tar file have to be extracted or do I put it in a different type of archive?

To install the gani driver, just follow the instructions that are in the README.txt file.

No, I want to install this driver while I install Solaris again. I'm wondering what format it needs to be in so I can do this. The menu I previously mentioned expects driver(s) if I pick option 5. What form does it need to be in to see it?

It's a lot more convenient to apply the driver settings during install than to do it after. Plus -- Doesn't the Solaris installer check external software locations? If it does that driver needs to be installed to do so.

Why to complicate ???

Just install drivers , restart the system and that is that

It is quite a complex path. You need to create a Solaris package then convert it to the ITU format.

Is this possible to do on Ubuntu Linux or should I move to another Solaris computer?

You would need Solaris but not necessarily another computer.

What makes you feel spending hours if not days to understand and successfully implement that complex process is a better option than following the simple steps the readme file states ?

So I can't just run a command on it that puts it in a Solaris package then get a converter?

That's not a single command indeed:
(Application Packaging Developer's Guide) - Sun Microsystems
heads at OpenSolaris.org