can hanging perl process wipe out a directory?

Hi,

This weekend i left a perl script running , I was running it in a remote machine. The machine seems to have been rebooted during the weekend. When i got back on monday the entire directory containing the script was wiped out. The process had been aborted. Nobody has access to the directory except me, and i din't remove it. I have come across something vaguley about perl process removing the directory..

Can someone throw some light on this? or direct me to a suitable link. It seems absurd as such.

Thanks

Hi,

This weekend i left a perl script running , I was running it in a remote machine. The machine seems to have been rebooted during the weekend. When i got back on monday the entire directory containing the script was wiped out. The process had been aborted. Nobody has access to the directory except me, and i din't remove it. I have come across something vaguley about perl process removing the directory..

Can someone throw some light on this? or direct me to a suitable link. It seems absurd as such.

Thanks

It is possible that another root user has stopped the process and deleted the directory, did you check the history file ? Also, paste relevant snippet of the perl code, so we can tell whether this may remove a folder or not.