bos.rte.5.2.0.10 - Failure to Install (/usr/lib/methods/cfgsf bad permissions)

I have a RS/6000 B80 which just had a disk failure; I've added a new drive and am in the process of rebuilding. I have reinstalled AIX 5.2 and am now looking to begin updating.

(fyi this will be the second time I have attempted to rebuild this machine, the first time i installed ML 5200-10 and the machine never successfully booted afterwards.)

I have downloaded and began to install ML-01 (5200-01), but have come across the following error:

installp: APPLYING software for:
bos.rte 5.2.0.10

bos.rte.config_u[42]: /usr/lib/methods/cfgsf: 0403-006 Execute permission denied.
update: Failed while executing the bos.rte.config_u script.

0503-464 installp: The installation has FAILED for the "usr" part
of the following filesets:
bos.rte 5.2.0.10

3001-023 The file /usr/lib/methods/cfgsf has the wrong file mode

I have scoured the internet only to find that this problem has only ever occurred once (EVER!!!! or no one has written about it!!), but could not find a solution. I have tried to chmod the script, take the script's entry out of the TCB, neither of which have worked. I have tried to install only bos.rte through 'smit install', tried to find it on the 5.2 cd but it wasn't there.

This is a build system and needs to be back up as soon as possible, but I cannot find an answer to this problem. Can ANYONE help??????

Well, I decided to stop playing around and simply reinstalled 5.2 again. I re-downloaded the ML and installed and voila... it worked!! Magic I guess!!