Boot loop errors caused by RC.CONF

Hello all! I am praying someone can help me. I have been trying to install dual nics on my FreeBSD box. In my attempts I edited my RC.CONF file. I must have editing something wrong, because during the boot sequence, my machine gets through bringing up most of the services then it stops and gets caught in a loop that says:

=1 : not found
does not existface lo0

lo0 is my primary NIC. I do have a copy of the original RC.CONF file, but I can't access my FreeBSD box over the network because of this error. Is there a way to bring up the machine without networking so I can edit the file? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

E

boot into single user mode.

sorry, but could you tell me how to do that? Thanks :smiley:

See the freebsd docs on booting

I can get in under Single User Mode, but I have no rights to rw to the filesystem. I've tried using mount -u and mount -a once i'm in single user mode, but I still can't access the file system and when i press ctrl-D I get the error message right away. Any more suggestions?

i figured out how to gain rw access to my files, but even after replacing my RC.CONF file i am still having problems. Once I go into multiuser mode, it tells me:

=1: not found
does not existface lo0

anyone know why it would have problems finding my loopback interface? Thanks again.