binutills_2.15-4_i386.deb

Hai Friends

I am using debian 2.2.19. The gcc version installed in my os is 2.95.2. I tried to update the gcc to 3.2.2. It asked me to update some packages and all the updations was success. But when i tried to update the binutills_2.15-4_i386.deb packes i encountered some error that it asked me to update modutils and i got struck up with this. The command i tried and the error message i got are quoted below

i even tried --ignore-depends option but failed..

I have downloaded ltsp-modutils-2.4.22-0-i386.gz.. Is it the right modutil file... If so how to install it... If not what should i do?

Please help me to complete the upgradation... I am in an urgent

Thanks in advance
Collins

Which version of Debian are you using? 2.2.19 is not a valid release number (2.2 is, but that is *long* since outdated). The command

cat /etc/debian_version

will display your version number.

binutils-2.15-4 is not available for Debian stable. It is available for both testing and unstable. You may want to try "apt-get -f install" to correct your dependencies.

I think, maybe U need although kernel 2.4.24.
2.2.19 is not available for many programs

cYa

Can this be an error related to the fact that you now have packages installed from "testing" or "unstable" and your debian is "stable"

You did an apt-get of the new gcc, you got some packages installed for this.

can you the apt-get -t parameter and tell you want to install from "testing" of "unstable" instead of "stable"?