#!/bin/bash has stopped working

Hi

I'm writing a script and I've put #!/bin/bash as the first line so that I can just type my scripts name 'whodate' at PS1 instead of ./whodate. This has suddenly stopped working for me. It used to be the case that I could start a script with #!/bin/bash and it would work, but for this script it will not. I've issued the echo $SHELL command and "/bin/bash" returns. What resources might I turn to? I've tried mann, less and info on #!/bin/bash but I get an error style message. Google has not been much help either. Is there a way to check my syntax or a way to run a diagnostic on my script to check for syntax and/or other errors?

Regards

Z

The last I knew, the ./ means run the command from the current directory. I don't think it matters the shell.

You could get away with not using that if you are sitting in the directory where the path is or have that path setup in your environment.

I suggest to check your environment path and see if the directory where the script resides is still in your path and that no other path's higher have that same script name.

Just do this,
export PATH=$PATH:.
chmod +x <your_shellscript>