big disk solaris 2.6

A pal is trying to get Solaris 2.6 to recognise a 60Gb scsi disk. As they were most likely not around then I do not believe it can be done. If anyone knows different...

It has to be 2.6 because of the particular application running.

Thanks.

on what hardware?

Good question Duke, I will have to ask.

It is an Ultra 10, and I assumed SCSI it is IDE.

please post the obp version of the box and what you've done so far to get it work...

shud be supported. We used to have an mail server running off an ultra5.

Is the hardisk internal or external?

OBP 3.31
It is an internal IDE disk. There is this we found SUMMARY: 20 GB IDE drive in Ultra 10, part 2

I believe just the usual. Probe-ide, boot -r and format. Only 7Gb seen.
It seems the tadpole patches do not exist now though :frowning:

try this tool:
Patch Check Advanced
to get the latest patches for you system. after patching try again...

I have found a jumbo patch for IDE 2.6 from sunsolve. Not certain what the app is that is running and how it may be affected with recommended Sun patch cluster.

Might be worth a try though... It looks like Sun do not offer patch clusters for 2.6 now anyhow.

only with a valid serviceplan afaik...

What you can do is to boot the disk into single user mode using a Solaris 9cdrom on another machine. do format and you'll see the full size of your disk. label the disk, partition table etc. Try booting the disk on your solris 6 system and it'll work!

Incredible, thanks that sounds good.

solution is to boot the disk using another server using a Solaris 9 cd/dvd to single user mode. check the disk size from format utility and partition the 60G as required. label the disk and re-verify. bring the disk over to ur ultra 10 workstation and boot up to single user first. disk size will be shown correctly.

I called up tadpole (General dynamics) customer support and got the files that I needed.

Please give it a try

ftp://ftp.tadpole.com/support/VoyagerIIi/Bigdisks/