Beware of RD Power Supply (Riden) Company on AliExpress

Ordered a power supply from RD on AliExpress on 02 April and have had nothing but problems from this seller.

RD customer support promised me if it did not arrive by the end of May, they would refund. Then, they extended the estimated delivery time (without my knowledge) to July, and refused to refund.

Do not do business with RD under any circumstances. This company promised fast delivery and does not stand behind any of their promises. However, they will lecture the customers to "follow their rules" when they refuse to refund.

This company provides some of the worst customer service I have experienced on AliExpress (and I have over 200 orders with AliExpress):

1 Like

I have ordered components from Asia (China actually) and they are taking much longer to arrive during the pandemic. I queried with the supplier after the usual 10 days or so (normal delivery China to UK) only to be told to give it a few weeks as courier services are out of their control.

1 Like

Yes, that's true.

However, this particular order has been "out" for 60 days, not a "few weeks" and tracking stopped over a month ago (no updates) and the vendor told me they would refund last week; but they did not. They are forcing me to wait another month, a full 90 days.

We currently have about 20 open (paid, not delivered) orders from AliExpress (China), and yes, they used to take about three weeks to a month, now they take about a month to six weeks; but not two months plus. Also, all AliExpress vendors are nice to customers and will refund. RD has been abusive. I do not post this review lightly.

But then again, we definitely have gone to the local post office three times recently to claim packages with totally bleached out shipping labels, washed out from disinfectant; so yes, the pandemic is causing havoc for many reasons, for sure.

My thoughts are that sellers and their shipping agents should use better quality shipping labels (or at least cover them with clear tape) so they will not get bleached out by anti-viral disinfectants.

Sellers and shippers, even during a pandemic, just be responsible for their shipments and adjust their labels and packing accordingly.

RD blames AliExpress; but before I ordered, I specifically asked the seller and they assured me they would refund if we did not receive it as advertised, but then the pulled a fast one on me. This is not acceptable at all.

AliExpress truncates order history, so this is only the recent history stats (not sure what the cutoff period is, but here is my account):

You can see, I have a lot of experience ordering from AliExpress. I feel confident I know what is acceptable customer service having so much experience with AliExpress sellers. Most are very good and easy to work with. RD has been the worst, without a doubt. That is why I decided to post this warning.

2 Likes

OBTW, I forgot to mention, I highly recommend this app for a $2.99 a year subscription fee if you do a lot of global buying and receiving packages:

This is a great app, and I use it on two iPhones and on my desktop macs as well.

This is by far the best consolidating tracking app I have every found. Here is an example shot from the app. In this view, the numbers to the far left show the days since the tracking information was first entered into the system:

2 Likes

OBTW, here is but one example of at least three shipping labels by AliExpress, bleached out by anti-viral disinfectants during shipping (somewhere).

I have sent many messages to AliExpress asking them to cover all shipping labels with a layer of clear tape so these labels will not wash out from disinfectant; but so far, no progress in my messages about this problem:

It's really amazing these packages make it to my local postoffice, when you think about it.

In my experience, these couriers just use the barcodes to route packages between their depots and the actual address labels are only read by postmen on the final leg. Even then, the barcode will still tell them the target address on their system.

1 Like

Thank makes sense. Even if the numbers below the barcode are bleached off, seems that the barcode is readable.

We only knew about this "pandemic-based situation" because tracking showed "Delivery Failed" and so we went to the office with tracking numbers and they found them for us.

This is all a new experience for us, bleached out shipping labels.

Forgot to mention that I am starting to order more COD now and have recently placed a number of orders with shopee.co.th since they accept COD.

For example, just ordered this assembly kit COD (from China) to avoid the "paid and have shipping issues" pandemic syndrome:

Note: This item arrived at my door from China around a week after I purchased it from Shopee. The Riden RF6006W arrived 64 days after I purchased it on AliExpress.

Conclusion:

Go with Shopee COD and avoid AliExpress Standard Shipping like the plague.

1 Like

After more research into this, here is what is going on:

Sellers on AliExpress do not want to be bothered with delivery these days, so they are following the Amazon model where the seller has no responsibility for shipping and all that is handled by Amazon (in the case of Amazon) or by AliExpress Standard Shipping, in the case of AliExpress.

Before, this was not the case with AliExpress and sellers took more responsibility for their shipments; but now many, like RD, hide behind AliExpress Standard Shipping and have "washed their hands" of the sell after the item is sold.

This is why I stopped doing business with many Amazon sellers and I will stop doing business with AliExpress and use Shopee.

Shopee uses a similar model but Shopee has no issues with COD, and so they seem to take more care because the money is not released to the seller until after the COD is paid and the customer is satisfied.

Why pay in advance with AliExpress, wait 60 to 90 days for something and have to argue all the time when the goods do not arrive?

It is much better in this "post coronavirus logistics world" to work with online sellers COD, for sure, even it it means we must meet the shipping agents staff at home to pay for the goods. At least we are not paying for things which are lost in transit and with little recourse.

So, in this "post covid-19 logics world", I have found that COD is "the only way to fly" and so will be using Shopee for all my hobby electronic parts for the foreseeable future.

2 Likes

Well, thanks to American Express, because a few days over a week after I filed a dispute with them, a full 64 days after purchasing this device, with no help from the seller Riden, the RD6006W arrived.

AMEX told me yesterday that often when we file a dispute, the sellers actually start to work actively to fine the shipments and get them moving again, and I believe them; because this shipment started moving about 3 days after I registered a dispute with AMEX, tracking showed the parcel was moving again.

The good news is, is that it works very well.

Quick Summary Review on AliExpress:

RD6006W Ships From: China Logistics: AliExpress Standard Shipping

The hardware for the RD6006W is OK; however, the WIFI software is juvenile and unreliable - very unprofessional. For example, the device uses terms like "server" for your connecting app (like your mobile phone) but the mobile phone app is a "client" not a "server"; and the app uses many wrong terms in the UI as well. So, it's just "totally trial-and-error" to get WIFI to work (very disappointing). The instructions are not much help, very poorly written English. The delivery from China to Thailand took 64 days; but I just ordered a signal generater from China and it arrived a week later. Riden (RD) customer support in AliExpress is terrible; basically letting AliExpress taking all responsibility for terrible shipping and fighting with customer like a child. This company needs better management. 06 Jun 2020 22:25

1 Like