Best Repository for SUSE 10.1 install?

I've made a few attempts at an OpenSuse10.1 clean install using a boot.iso and network repository install dir.

I've succesfully done a few network installs before and know what I'm doing with the procedure, however I seem to be getting problems with the connection to the remote repository. It's not hardware related, I had 10.0 on this machine before spectacularly messing up it's configuration to a point I didn't know how to recover from.

I've been using www.mirrorservice.org's opensuse mirror and after a huge amount to downloading the D/L speed seems to slow to a crawl and eventually stop. I get "Empty Response" messages that will often come back on Retry, but I've yet to succesfully complete the install depsite downloading a total of almost 6gb over my 3 attempts. For a while accessing the mirrorservice site from another machine on my netwrok seemed to wake it up,and pinging made no difference.

My ISP is Demon, and unlimited, my normal D/L rate is fairly modest and I have a 2MB connection. All other internet activity is unaffected I'm sure the problem is with the mirrorservice end.

Can anyone recommend a good alternative repository they've had success and good speed with from the UK? Is there any advantages to choosing an FTP one over an HTTP one? My current method is purely based on a "HowTo" I read when tryong 9.1 Suse that worked for me.

Thanks,

Mark.