Backup problem---Again

I tried backing up my mailserver on my nsrhost using solstice backup 5.5.1 software. After creating the usual custom settings, and starting the backup procedure using the group control button, backup initializes but the group backup becomes suspended.
When i click on the details radio button in the Group Control dialogue window, i find the following information below:

Group Status Details Snapshot
Thu Jun 20 15:07:05 2002
--------------------------------
Pending Save Sets:
mailsystem 9:index index
nsrserver 9:index index

Completed Save Sets:

Failed Save Sets:
mailsystem All unexpectedly exited:incr:save

• mailsystem:All 1 retry attempted
  • mailsystem:All permission denied
  • mailsystem:All 06/20/02 14:24:24 nsrexec: savefs -s nsrserver -c mailsystem -g m
    ail -p -l full -R -v
  • mailsystem:All Cannot connect to nsrexecd on client mailsystem and .rhosts per
    missions
  • mailsystem:All do not allow rsh.

What can i do?
:confused:

I don't know anything about SUN products, but here is a support site from SUN.

http://sunsolve.sun.com/pub-cgi/show.pl?target=home

Maybe another admin with SUN background can give more detailed advice.

Hope this helps...
:wink:

This is telling you what is wrong.

1. The solstice backup software does not require .rhosts - it does require the client software be loaded on mailsystem.
  2. Insure the nsrhost is in /etc/hosts on mailsystem with the correct IP address. Insure mailsystem is in /etc/hosts on nsrhost with the correct IP address.

I believe you have been given this link before for looking up error messages - : Legato.

You then have to go to the Support, Knowledge Base, Tech Dialog, put in your error message (minus any host name) - and lo and behold!

an answer Do the search yourself as there are other possiblities!

RTM,

Hey, let's keep it nice and easy here. I know this OP has posted similar questions before

Let's all try to be helpful and not get bent out of shape about this. They obviously don't have Vendor support for this or they wouldn't be looking here for help again.

:slight_smile:

??? Nice? Bent out of shape? Sorry, you must be reading something into it. A reminder yes. Only to allow the person to learn the different support out there.

fyi - no vendor support is needed for the web site that I know of - I didn't use any sign in or contract number for the knowledge base - Legato is pretty good as far as that (the software isn't but the web page is):smiley:

Also note I request that the person do the search themselves - because more than one answer comes back - I put only the first one...they must go there as Legato does have many particulars about it that could cause the problem.