Autosys job failure automation script

Hello All,
I am new to autosys, so anyone can please tell me how to create a automation script if a job fails in a box then we get automated email notification.

Hi Shilpa0211 - welcome to the forums! Just to clarify your ask - are you wanting to generate an autosys job based on an email you receive? Or have autosys send email on a failed job?

Thanks!
Keith

1 Like

I already have autosys job... Like der is one box n in it there are multiple jobs present.. So daily I have to go n login into autosys n check if any job failed or not??? So I just want automation script tht will notify me via email when any job fails.. So tht I dnt have to go der n check

I used to work for CA. With Broadcom's acquisition of CA, all the product documentation is on Broadcom's site, including their "examples cookbook". Your question seems to fit a use case from the same. Is it branded 'CA Workload Automation AE' or CA Autosys Workload Automation. What version are you using?

2 Likes

It's CA automation workload

Do you know the version? Email notifications weren't enabled until 11.3.6. You can see the release notes here: https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/intelligent-automation/workload-automation-ae-and-workload-control-center/11-3-6-SP8/release-notes/ae-release-notes/ae-release-11-3-6-sp7/new-features-11-3-6-sp7.html

" You can now send an email notification using the email notification template that you specified in the notification_template attribute when a job fails, terminates, or completes successfully or when an alarm is raised."

Good luck!

Keith

1 Like