Asking about the permission inherit from the parent directory

Asking about the permission inherit from the parent directory
I am running the web app with tomcat8, I did use umask 007 to set permission for folder which enable the sub files and folder inherit the permission from the parent directory, I was successful which some directories but the directories under the tomcat8/webapps did not inherit the permissions. Could you please suggest me other ways?
For example :
Sucessfull

cd /usr/local/
umask 007 folder1
chgrp -R tomcat8 folder1 
chmod -R g+s folder1

cd /usr/local/software/
umask 007 backupfolder
chgrp -R tomcat8 backupfolder 
chmod -R g+s backupfolder

umask 007 folder2
chgrp -R tomcat8 folder2 
chmod -R g+s folder2

This one is failed

cd /var/lib/tomcat8/
umask 007 webapps
chgrp -R tomcat8 webapps
chmod -R g+s webapps

I set the permissions before running script to deploy the web app under tomcat8.
After running the script, it copy some files and directories to the folder1, folder2, backupfolder with the same permission with but it doesnt work with the tomcat8/webapps directory. Could anyone help me? Thank you!

umask 007 folder1
umask 007 backupfolder
umask 007 folder2
umask 007 webapps

Are not valid commands, the last field will be ignored. It is equivalent to:

umask 007
umask 007
umask 007
umask 007

It does not set permissions for a folder, but rather determines with what permissions new files and directories will be created by the user that uses that umask.

What does

ls -ld /var/lib/tomcat8/webapps

produce? Does the folder exist? What does not work exactly?

The tomcat base install should set protections correctly on directory trees and objects it owns.

Apache Tomcat(R) - Welcome!
You can download tomcat and documentation from the link. Don't mess with permissions, given your level understanding you may unintentionally create a massive security problem for yourself. You may have already caused yourself a problem, as a wild guess.