applescript & grep - sed command

I'm new using Unix commands in applescript. The following script you choose different folders with PDfs, get file count of PDfs on chosen folders, & write the results in text file.

set target_folder to choose folder with prompt "Choose target folders containing only PDFs to count files" with multiple selections allowed without invisibles
set results to ""

repeat with i from 1 to (count target_folder)
	set thisFolder to (POSIX path of item i of target_folder)

(* 2 find searches need to be performed in order to have both total PDFs file count. One with all PDFs that DON'T start with letter R &  the second others that start with letter R *)

--Find & count all PDFs in the folders selected that DON'T starts with letter R
	set fileCount to do shell script "find " & quoted form of thisFolder & " -type f  -name *.pdf -and -not -iname 'R[0-9-_]*.pdf' | wc -l"

-- Delimeter results before � the bullet and convert each / to a tab
	set thisFolder to do shell script "echo " & quoted form of thisFolder & " | grep -o �.* | sed -e 's/�\\(.*\\):\\(.*\\)/\\1\\2/' -e 's/\\//        /'g"

-->Results
	set results to (results & "" & thisFolder & fileCount & return)

------------------------
	--Find & count all PDFs in the folders selected that starts with letter R (RESENDS)
	set fileCount to do shell script "find " & quoted form of thisFolder & " -type f -iname 'R[0-9-_]*.pdf' | wc -l"

set thisFolder to do shell script "echo " & quoted form of thisFolder & " | grep -o �.* | sed -e 's/�\\(.*\\):\\(.*\\)/\\1\\2/' -e 's/\\//        /'g"

-->Results
	set results to (results & "" & thisFolder & "RESENDS" & fileCount & return)

end repeat
--For testing purposes display dialog results

----------------------------------------
--write results to "PDF File Count.txt" file
set theFilePath to (path to desktop folder as string) & "PDF File Count.txt"
set theFile to open for access file theFilePath with write permission
try
	set eof of theFile to 0
	write results to theFile
	close access theFile
on error
	close access theFile
end try

When I run this section of the script I get a total PDF file count:
-

Find & count all PDFs in the folders selected that DON'T starts with letter R
   set fileCount to do shell script "find " & quoted form of thisFolder & " -type f -name *.pdf -and -not -iname 'R[0-9-_]*.pdf' | wc -l"

set thisFolder to do shell script "echo " & quoted form of thisFolder & " | grep -o �.* | sed -e 's/�\\(.*\\):\\(.*\\)/\\1\\2/' -e 's/\\// /'g"

-->Results
   set results to (results & "" & thisFolder & fileCount & return)

Running this section I'm NOT getting the total file PDF count for the files that starts with letter "R" which are RESENDS

--Find & count all PDFs in the folders selected that starts with letter R (RESENDS)
   set fileCount to do shell script "find " & quoted form of thisFolder & " -type f -iname 'R[0-9-_]*.pdf' | wc -l"

set thisFolder to do shell script "echo " & quoted form of thisFolder & " | grep -o �.* | sed -e 's/�\\(.*\\):\\(.*\\)/\\1\\2/' -e 's/\\// /'g"

-->Results
   set results to (results & "" & thisFolder & "RESENDS" & fileCount & return)

If I delete the line that delimiters the filepath results

I get the results which are a total of PDFs in the chosen folders, but then I don't need the entire file path.

/Volumes/PREP/CATALOG/2_Press_Holding/PRINT_Catalog/2012/�CUSTO_4/BODY/: 65
/Volumes/PREP/CATALOG/2_Press_Holding/PRINT_Catalog/2012/�CUSTO_4/BODY/: RESENDS 3
/Volumes/PREP/CATALOG/2_Press_Holding/PRINT_Catalog/2012/�CUSTO_4/COVERS/: 23
/Volumes/PREP/CATALOG/2_Press_Holding/PRINT_Catalog/2012/�CUSTO_4/COVERS/: RESENDS 6
/Volumes/PREP/CATALOG/2_Press_Holding/PRINT_Catalog/2012/�SMB_7/COVERS/: 15 5/Volumes/PREP/CATALOG/2_Press_Holding/PRINT_Catalog/2012/�SMB_7/COVERS/: RESENDS 5

I want to strip everything in the file path before the bullet � then for every / a tab. Something like this:

CUSTO_4 BODY 65
CUSTO_4 BODY RESENDS 3
CUSTO_4 COVERS 23
CUSTO_4 COVERS RESENDS 6
SMB_7 COVERS 15
SMB_7 COVERS RESENDS 5

What am I missing in the grep sed expresion that when I search the second time for files that starts with letter "R" I get zero

CUSTO_4 BODY 65
CUSTO_4 BODY RESENDS 0
CUSTO_4 COVERS 23
CUSTO_4 COVERS RESENDS 0
SMB_7 COVERS 15
SMB_7 COVERS RESENDS 0

I have seen this script so many times that I can't find where is the error. Sorry if this is confusing for you Im trying my best.