Apparently my post is Homework/Classwork?

I previously posted a question in the Shell Scripting forum a few minutes ago. I recieved a message telling me I had breached a rule, apparently because my post was a homework infraction. Well, im currently trying to figure out how to use Raspberry Pi's (as im a starter)
I asked one of my friends, who is pretty good with Shell Scripting, if there was a beginner question he could ask me using bin bash and the LXTerminal in the Raspberry Pi. He told me too try and enter a filename that then i could enter a string that would report whether that string was in the file or not?
To the Admin, why has my post been closed despite having asked a vald question for my own personal use? I'm 23 and out of full time education so my question is nor homework or classroom related.
Thanks

1 Like

We do have a problem with homework unfortunately, people demanding quick answers to questions beyond their ability, to cheat through tests and job interviews. Your question has all the hallmarks of homework -- a short, contrived skill-testing problem simple enough enough it can be described in a sentence fragment -- so I hope you can understand my confusion.

I'll reopen the thread.

2 Likes