ALOM Not Responding to logins

I have a few servers that are all having the same problem when trying to login to their ALOMs. The are T2000's. When I go to login I get the login prompt, but some machines ALOMs aren't responding to the initial login:

# ssh xx.xx.xx.xx
Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Use is subject to license terms.

Sun(tm) Advanced Lights Out Manager CMT v1.6.5
Please login:

You can't type anything after this. It just hangs, and never responds. I can't type the login user name. If I try typing in the login and hitting enter it still doesn't respond. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Thanks in advance!

by which way u take Ilom logins of servers......by putty or by hyper terminal...

Through SSH. There is no serial access.

can error is related with keyboard or nothing will display

Does this still happen if you power cycle the machine? I do mean close down and remove the actual mains cables completely. When you reinsert the power only the SC will boot up to the "login". Same problem??

That's actually exactly what we're planning to do. I was just curious if others have run into this before, or knew of any work arounds without having to power off and pull the power cables.

Having to power off and pull power cables is a nightmare in a highly controlled environment.

thanks!

Have you checked that this isn't a known problem (since you have more than one of them). Look on the web to see if there's an OBP flash upgrade for T2000.

don't remember if you can access from Solaris to the ALOM...

what do you see under this directory?:

/usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin

on a V240 there is a command called scadm and with this command you can reboot your ALOM...

/usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/scadm resetrsc

Hi ... christr...
i think you better to refresh the SSHd

What version of OBP on the ALOM do you have?

Recently I tried to put the latest Critical Patch Updates from Oracle onto a T2000 and it wouldn't boot afterwards. Turned out I had to update the OBP. Proves that an out of date OBP causes serious issues on a T2000.