Alom ?

Hi all,

I have some problems with the fan FT0.F0, which looks like has a problem with the PROM/ALOM ( I am nor sure who).....but, in fact, the fan is working properly even in other V440 Sparc Server.

We checked HW comunication between Fan and the MotherBoard, and we think is a problem of corrupted data.......

The message that console show us is the next:

SC Alert: PCI_FAN@FT0.F0.TACH has failed

Do you have any idea? :confused:

Thanks in advanced!

After fixing a hardware fault you need to clear the fault notification from the alom using command. Search Google for it like "Sun alom clear fault".

---------- Post updated at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:46 PM ----------

Sorry for that terse reply - I was replying from a mobile.

Try clearing that fault code from the alom and see if it recurs.

Post the output of prtdiag -v .

Hi all,

DukeNuke2@ Thanks for the tip but we cannot get into the "prompt", so that command prtdiag is not allowed in "sc"....

I tried with the "showenvironment" to check all the situation, but when I power on the system, it automatically restart itself and we cannot check complete info.

hicksd8@ Thank you,

so, when the system find an error and show throutgh the comman /screen.....�Is it always necessary to clean that error register? � Is it the normal way of work for ALOM?

I will forward your instrucction....for now I do not know which is the exactly command :frowning:

Thanks for all!

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19076-01/t1k.srvr/819-3250-11/command_shell.html\#72856

Hi Duke Nuke,

I have the ALOM 1.6.10 and I cannot find that command, so I cannot "clear the faults......

Maybe I have to upgrade the ALOM?

I attached my sc options :frowning:

Thanks

Yeah... The command was new for me, too. And unfortunatly it will not work on the older ALOM systems. The Guide I posted are for CMT systems. So there needs to be another way to fix the hardware in your system!

Maybe is there a possibility to upgrade the 1.6 ALOM to 1.7 and "reset" all the bios system?

Which prompt(s) can't you get to? The sc> or the root prompt (#) or both?

Yes, I would normally remove an error code from the alom asr-db (automatic system recovery database) to clear down any errors reported.

To do that you need access to be alom sc> prompt.

---------- Post updated at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:17 AM ----------

On a Sun keyboard you would normally press STOP-A to interrupt the boot sequence and drop you to the alom prompt.

<Removed the link I posted. DukeNuke2 already provided link>