aix-oracle

what is the reason oracle is giving ora-600 space leak error?
how to rectify this error?

I'm not sure what ora-600 space leak error is. But there is a good website www.support.oracle.co.uk

You may be able to find something helpful there.

Good Luck

I am not a DBA by any means, but I did find this:

I also ran a quick google to see what popped up and saw a few other people were having this problem with Oracle on AIX. I didn't research it completely, though, so it may just be coincidence.

I just re-read this post again, and this isn't the same error that you talked about above. A tool that you may use (I'm not sure if it has to be installed, or if it's in by default) is the $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oerr command to determine what the cause of an error may be.
An example of it's usage would be:
$OARCLE_HOME/bin/oerr ora 6000
to look up error ORA-06000

Hope this helps.

in order to be able to diagnose an ora-600 error. you need the exceptions to the error (this typically is displayed in [kvskdk] format immediately following the error. you can also take a look at the entire error and trace file message by going to
/$ORACLE_BASE/admin/$ORACLE_SID/bdump/alert*.log assuming your .profile is correctly set up for the oracle user.
while oerr is a great utility for diagnosing, or at least finding a place to start in diagnosing most oracle errors. it is completely useless when it comes to oralce 600's (internal error, that usually only oracle can help with, and they do not document through oerr)
1) I would create a metalink account metalink.oracle.com (free) and only takes a few minutes top complete application
2)I would find the actual alert message( in the log mentioned above), and take a look at the trace file (which is mentioned in the alert log and is usually ../udump from the directory above. take the entire 600 including exceptions and enter it in the search line on metalink. hopefully it will set you up with a few articles that might help pertaining to your memory leak

you could also use the command orerr <oracle error code> to get the description of an error (instead of searching thru' websites).

for example,

> oerr ora 03212
03212, 00000, "Temporary Segment cannot be created in locally-managed tablespace"
// *Cause: Attempt to create a temporary segment for sort/hash/lobs in
// in permanent tablespace of kind locally-managed
// *Action: Alter temporary tablespace of user to a temporary tablespace
// or a dictionary-managed permanent tablespace

you need to have the help files loaded to see the error.

unfortunately oracle does not maintain the help files properly. as i said this is a generic error the output from the system diagnostic tool would be something along the lines of

>oerr ora-0600
//*internal error, contact oracle support for help in diagnosing

they are not much help here. usuall 600's are a result of bus or internal problems which cannot be diagnosed without matching a stack trace from the trace file to an existing case with oracle. this is easiest done in metalink by tyoing the rror and the exceptions in the search box.