AIX 6.1 automount issues from Linux/Openfiler

Hello folks... have a problem here hopefully can find some direction with... we have a network using NIS authentication and automount for home dirs and other shared resources. Recently migrated some of our shares off of an EMC Celerra to an Openfiler solution. All of the clients in the NIS domain were perfectly fine with the change, except the AIX. Now, the AIX systems simply don't automount the NFS shares from the Openfiler on demand. I can however mount the NFS shares by hand (as root), but when I do that, it seems that the automountd starts counting down and then unmounts the fs after 10 mins idle. Next time a regular user goes to access, the share is not there. We still have some shares on our EMC Celerras, and those are working fine on the AIX boxes... I don't want to ramble too much here so to the point:

Where are the config files for NIS clients and autofs clients? I can look/modify using smit but I'd like to see the actual files! (been doing unix for years but not much AIX).

I have a hunch there is some kind of bug and/or compatibilty issue with AIX 6.1 and Openfiler. (in fact we do have this working ok on an AIX 5.1 box)

Thanks!
CruzShark