Add FC Tape to Solaris 10

Hello

I'm pretty new in Solaris 10 and we now have to add an FC-based library to the Solaris. As far as I am informed, we have restart the Sun with the command "boot-r", to detect new devices, right?
Then the library should be found automatically?
How can I check if the library has been detected?

If you have FC devices already in your system a devfsadm -v should find the new devices. You can check with cfgadm -al for the new devices.

If you need a reboot, please do an init 0 (from console session) and a boot -r from ok prompt or if you have a x86 based machine you can use touch /reconfigure an run init 6 to reboot the system.

1 Like

Hello,

many thanks for the quick reply. Should i have to configure the Library with the command "cfgadm-c configure ...", too?

That depends on the library... You should use the documentation to find the right way to do it!

Normally,

with the boot reconfiguration process you can discover the tape devices on the OS (/dev/rmt*). These devices can be used without problems.

However if the Library have a medium changer this need a driver, this driver normally is provied by the software than can be used to backups (networker, netbackup, commvault, etc)