Accessing files on AIX system from Linux system

I have a following requirement in production

system 1 : LINUX
User: abcd

system 2: AIX (it is hosting a production DB)

Requirement
user abcd from system 1 should have read access on archive log files created by DB on system 2. The log files are created with permissions 540 by user ora , group oracle. The log files are not getting created on a shared drive, it is a physical drive on system 2.

The requirement is just to read the log files and not change anything in them.
Following options are ruled out:

1. Shipping files from System 2 to system 1. There is a utility trying to read those file, won't get access for shipping.
  2. Creating same user abcd on system 2 and make it part of system 1.

Note: the two systems are on the same network

can someone help on this ?

First possibility: create a NFS-share at system2 and mount it read-only on system1.

Second possibility: create a user on system2 (it doesn't have to be "abcd", any will do) which is member of group oracle. This user would have read access to files with group ownership oracle and file mode 540.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way you described it any change of system2 is ruled out. The bad news are that without doing anything you won't get anything (out of the system). That's a fundamental truism not only in IT - its called the first law of thermodynamics.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

What does "shipping" mean? Would a simple copy with e.g. FTP, leaving files intact for the utility, also be ruled out?