About KVM ?

Hi every body
Umm. I have 4 physical servers and i need to make the 1 machine from 4 server by KVM like Vmware ESX ?
Do KVM can consolidate physical servers to 1 machine ? If KVM can do it. can i find manual to do it from where
thk. you very much

Unfortunately there are too many abbreviations in this industry, (insert personal rant about understandability V TLA fluency). KVM can mean
Kernel based Virtual Machine - which allows you create several virtual machines within a single instance of the OS.
Keyboard, Video, Mouse - A physical device for unifying access to several hosts within a single switch.

i suspect your mis-understanding of the power of KVM may result from a cross-pollination of these two meanings.

What you require is to cluster the physical hosts into a single instance... a non-definitive list of clustering solutions is available at Comparison of cluster software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, KVM (and other technologies) can be used for server consolidation on RHEL.

Read all about how to do it at https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red\_Hat\_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Virtualization/

thk.you sir