A very headache problem

guys, need your help~~~~

I am setting up a Sun Enterprise 450 Ultra 4 server

originally I was using Sun solaris 9 1202 version.

but after an accident (i guess becoz i deleted something wrongly), the system cannot boot up.

and now I wana install a FreeBSD(since it is free and it will let me out of any law issue)

but when install Freebsd 5.1 release for sparc64, the problem happened as the freebsd did not recognize the file system in the hdd, so the install routine think the hard disk is full.

even cannot let me partition it during the installation

everytime i press Delete partition, it says it is not applicable here, but when I press Create partition, it says there is not enough space to do so (free space is 0)

so does anyone have some ideas about this?

Thanks in advance.....

hi,
First of all- how are you trying to install bsd? are you doing it through a boot floopy or boot cd? If yes- then this error is strange. If no- it means that you should try using a boot cd which will assume that the hdd are all empty and ready for writing. This is how I had installed linux(redhat 8.0) on a windows NT machine which formatted all the ntfs partitions into linux partitions during installation.
Also- check the BSD driver compatibility with your hard disk - what types of disk are you using?
Hope this information was useful.
Regards

can you try a low level form of the hdd, from the Rom Bios, (if it supports). then try the installation of the FreeBSD all over again!!

thanks you all!