#1 added to directory on rmount DVD drive

Currently have an issue were we use a script to load a security .dat key. The script was failing to load stating "Unable to open directory". I ssh'd into the server and performed an ls -la on the /cdrom directory. I show the usual cdrom0 but the directory on the cd should be key but is showing key#1. I have put this same cd in other drives and the #1 doesn't show up.

I was able to work around this issue by performing a volmgt stop and start, after performing this, the /cdrom directory shows cdrom0, key and key#1. If I cd into key and ls I show key.dat file, and the key#1 directory is empty. I was able to delete the key#1 directory using rmdir and now my script will work to load the security dat key.

Now I have moved to the next disk in the line and the #1 issue has shown back up. I was able to perform the volmgt stop and start to work around again and have started checking each disk, and the issue shows up.

My question is, is this a cd formatting issue or is there something else at work here. This is on a 10 host system running nis+.